There are regulations that limit the right of public access within nature reserves, national parks, and protected areas for animals and plants. The regulations have been drawn up to preserve the valuable natural world that exists within the particular reserve or protected area.
The Archipelago Foundation’s recommendations:
- Maintain a low speed.
- Avoid creating wake and waves that affect moored boats and bathers.
- Do not run dinghy with outboard motor or similar unnecessarily.
- Avoid jet-skiing, water skiing, and other noisy water games.
- There is a shortage of fresh water in the entire archipelago – Do not waste.
Regulations for the Nåttarö nature reserve
In addition to regulations laid down by legislation and various codes, the following actions are forbidden to the general public:
- During the period 1 February-15 August land on any of the following islands in Nåttaröfladen: Östra Rödko, Långholmen, Grönborgen, Båten, Vittskärsklabbarna, Vittskär, Flatkobb, Klovskär, Skärmholskobben, Långkubbarna, Gjusskär, Brandholmen, Björkskär, Boskär, Rönnkobben, Tärnkobben, Grenkullen with its neighbouring skerries and islands. It is forbidden also to approach the islands listed above closer than 100 metres by sea. See Appendix 1, where the limits of the bird protection area are specified.
- During the period 1 April-31 July land on the islands of Bodskär or Österskär and the neighbouring skerries, or approach these islands closer than 100 metres by sea. See Appendix 1 in which the limits of the bird protection area are specified.
- Remove stones, dig, chop, drill, blast, scratch, paint or in any other way damage rocks, soil or stones
- Break branches, fell trees, or in any other way damage living or dead trees. It is not permitted to dig up any plants.
- Take an unleashed dog into the nature reserve
- Make fires (other than at authorised locations)
- Camp for longer than two consecutive days (other than at designated locations)
- Anchor a boat at any other location than a jetty or harbour for longer than two consecutive days
- Set up posters, signs or similar, or make any inscription
- Take off or land an airborne vehicle at any other location than those designated. This regulation does not apply to the rescue services or ambulance transport, or to on-duty national or municipal services.
- Use a musical instrument, musical equipment or similar in a disturbing manner