There are regulations that limit the right of public access within nature reserves, national parks, and protected areas for animals and plants. The regulations have been drawn up to preserve the valuable natural world that exists within the particular reserve or protected area.
The Archipelago Foundation’s recommendations:
- Maintain a low speed.
- Avoid creating wake and waves that affect moored boats and bathers.
- Do not run dinghy with outboard motor or similar unnecessarily.
- Avoid jet-skiing, water skiing, and other noisy water games.
- There is a shortage of fresh water in the entire archipelago – Do not waste.
Regulations for the Björnö nature reserve
In addition to regulations laid down by legislation and various codes, the following actions are forbidden to the general public:
- Destroy or damage any non-moveable natural object or surface formation by drilling, chopping, blasting, scratching, painting, or similar actions
- Disturb the animal life (by, for example, climbing trees, capturing or deliberately killing [“vilka” – ska antagligen vara “vilda”] wild animals)
- Take an unleashed dog into the nature reserve
- Park a caravan or trailer
- Anchor a boat for longer than two days at any beach
- Drive or anchor a boat or other vessel within 50 metres of sandy beaches
- Drive a motorboat or other motor-powered vessel in the Slängen area
- Drive a motorboat or other motor-powered vessel in the Torpe-Infjärden area at a speed higher than 5 knots
- Camp at any place other than designated areas Camping for longer than two days at any place without the permission of the landowner is not permitted
- Light fires at any other place than designated and prepared locations
- Land on or anchor a boat at the Kalvholmsgrunden skerries during the period 1 April to 15 July
- Mount a signpost, sign, poster, inscription, or anything similar
- Use a radio, record player, tape recorder, TV, musical instrument or similar equipment in a disturbing manner
- Drive a motor vehicle along any other way than designated paths
- Park anywhere other than in designated places
- Ride along sandy beaches or marked rambling trails