Mink farm and manor house
This island has been inhabited since the medieval period and there was a large archipelago farm on the island during the 17th century. In 1719, the Russians invaded the iseland and burnt down the buildings, and the big stone house was demolished. The present manor house was built on the foundations of the old house in 1769. Between 1920 and 1945, Lidö had Sweden’s largest mink farm. The island was taken over by Stockholm City in 1945, and handed over to the Archipelago Foundation in 1998.