Island inhabited since 1917
The beginning of the 20th century marked a new epoch in the archipelago. Businessmen, merchants and artists came here from the city to hunt and enjoy their summers. Two cottages were built on Biskopsö in 1917, and people have lived here permanently since then.
Biskopsö is now owned by a special foundation linked to Scania AB, and the Archipelago Foundation manages the natural environment with the help of a ranger who lives on the island.