The beauty of this 26-metre high lighthouse has earned it the name “Queen of the Baltic”. The lighthouse was built in granite and sandstone in 1770 according to a design by Carl Fredrik Adelcrantz. It was taken out of commission in 1961, since increased shipping speeds required a lighthouse in another position. A caisson light, Revengegrundet, took over. The lighthouse was completely renovated in the mid 1990s and relit in the autumn of 2000, and now its green light shines all year round.