Grinda Wärdshus

This beautiful Art Nouveau stone house was erected by Henrik Santesson, first director of the Nobel Foundation. The house, which was designed by Ernst Stenhammar, was completed in 1908. In 1944, ownership passed from Stenhammar’s relatives, and it was used for some time as a treatment home and children’s holiday camp. Much of the Art Nouveau-inspired interior design was therefore lost, but the exterior of the house is largely unchanged.