Doktorsvillan

When cholera swept across Europe in 1892, a quarantine station was hastily erected on Fejan. A prefabricated wooden house, which was to be shipped to Congo to serve as a missionary station there, was expropriated on the quay and instead erected as a doctor’s house on Fejan. Kongo, together with the former hospital building Wasa, today serves as a hostel. The island’s mortuary was constructed at the same time, and today houses a restaurant!